The Catholic Cemeteries of the Diocese of San Jose offers more than one-time services at the cemetery. As a ministry of the church, we believe that our responsibility is care for you and your loved ones before, during, and after a death occurs and the need for traditional cemetery services arise.
Owned and operated by the Diocese of San Jose, the Catholic Cemeteries have been serving the Bay Area for over a century. The Catholic Cemeteries provide a sacred place for committal with reverent care. It is a place where your family can remember deceased loved ones in a peaceful and hope-filled setting. For more, please read a message from Bishop Patrick J. McGrath.
The Catholic Cemeteries Staff is committed to:
- Serving families of the deceased with compassion
- Treating all people with dignity and respect
- Being sensitive to the diversity of culture and tradition surrounding death.
We view this ministry as an extension of parish ministry to the sick and dying. As their ministry is a "Corporal Work of Mercy", our counselors are non-commissioned. The Family Service Counselors are happy to answer your questions and assist you in deciding about a pre-arrangement plan. In order to serve you, our counselors can:
- Assist in making decisions about burial or placement locations in the cemetery.
- Help create a financial plan if necessary.
- Work with the parish and the funeral home in arranging times for the rites and burials.
- Discuss the details of the committal service.
- Prepare the grounds and have available staff prepared for the arrival of the family.
- Close the burial, mausoleum or crypt site on the day of the interment.
- Assist in the selection and design of a memorial (headstone or plaque, etc.).
We offer the most affordable pricing in the area with flexible payment plans to meet your needs. Our experienced Family Service Counselors are available to discuss burial options with no obligation to you. Staff is available during weekdays (also on Saturdays at Gate of Heaven) to answer questions and assist you.
For more pricing information, please check out the specific cemetery locations:
How do you want to be remembered?
Learn about different burial options.
Do you have questions about end-of-life or bereavement?
What people are saying about us
"What a great staff you have at Calvary! They spent a lot of time and went out of their way to help me find (a family member) buried a long time ago."
- Bill Mitchell (visitor)